Saturday, June 13, 2009



This is the ribbon storage solution I came up with. What are those things, you ask? plant hangers, ya know the ones where you can attach to a wall that stick out and you can add a hanging basket? Well, I bought 2 of the smaller ones, a dowl rod (5/8") and spooled my ribbon and let it sit on the loops. Tomorrow I will cut a board to go across the top of it for added storage.





Side view of the plant hanger ribbon storage.








This is where I stamp, as you can see, the ribbon rod hangs above my stampin table. This is the table my Dad built. Originally, he built the table 10 years ago for my Grandma for her sewing room, so the surface is extra slick, and it had another table that was to the side of it, like a right angle, but mom kept that part because it had an opening for a sewing machine (which I do not do). I think I may have Dad build another side table to go with this though. I am finding that the more I get into stamping and scrapping, the more workable surface I need!
AND FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....... Here's the card I made for Splendid Stamping with The Greeting Farm's Copics colord in Mermaid Anya after she was heat embossed. I added SU!'s Happy Fourth (retured set) covered in stickles (xmas red and starry night), added red organdy ribbon and silver thread, and scored 3 lines across the bottom to finish off this creation. The DigiPhrase is available below.

7 comments:

  1. Jen~great work space! Your ribbon/shelf is a cool idea and will give you more room to spread out on that wonderful desk DF made you.

    Your no layer card is adorable! Love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I am liking that idea of the ribbon storage Jen! Soooo inventive, and it makes sense to have it stick so far out of the wall. Your TGF entry is so cute! I would have never thought of Mermaid Anya like that before - she's beautiful in rw&b. Doh! I never did send you the email. I am moving to the other 'puter right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This is such a briliant idea for ribbon, and add the shelf on top for more... great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, and what a great idea for a ribbon holder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your ribbon storage--so clever! Thanks for sharing your space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fantastic room and so organized,thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete