Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2 challenges, 2 cards


The picture is crooked, the card isn't! HA~ this was made for the CAS 21 challenge over on Split Coast. What color is that cardstock? The pink and brown are from Stampin Up's *NEW* In-Colors, to be release on July 1. Those flowers are rub-ons coverd in Star Dust Stickles. I added 3 green rhinestone stickies for a little more bling, and a little curvy phrase from Stampendous, many years ago.



WOW, talk about a change of pace from the last card! This is probably the most UN-cas card I have ever made! Lots of embelli's and layers here make this my card for the 2 Red Bananas inspiration challenge this week. The image and quote are from a kit swap I was in nearly a year ago, so I have no idea of the maker. I also added prima flowers attached with mini red heart brads, a binder clip tied off with red shimmer organdy ribbon, LOTS of dimensional tape, and a runner of red shimer organdy across the botton of the Cherry Red Bazzill cardstock. Blue star print is from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby. PHEW! I think that is about it! The picture posted on 2RB is so calming, and i could SOOOO see myself parked in a chair after a long day of playing in the surf, watching my darling Miss K romp along the shore collecting seashells as we await the night time show.

That's it for today, be sure to check out Joni's blog hop and check out where some of us stamp! Although, as tired as I am, I just may be strolling along and not hopping anywhere.

5 comments:

  1. Jen~you have been busy! Great cards~I love the Red & Blue one you did for 2 red bananas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great, but the second one is SO sweet! I love the image, and how shimmery it is. The clip is great too! Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking the little girl in the image is my DD playing on the shore, but I am kidding myself thinking she would wear such a fru-fru dress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the shimmer and the sentiment on that card. You hit the challenge on the head. Thanks for joining the bananas

    ReplyDelete
  5. luhve that second one!!! i so wish i'd gotten that set!!! i love how you used it and pulled the colors from the inspiration photo! thanks for playing at 2RB!

    ReplyDelete