Saturday, October 31, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

A LOT! We are in the process of purchasing another house closer to where we both work, as my husband now works in Columbus, also working on a presentation I wil give to my fellow staff memebers in 2 weeks, and being a mom, teacher, and wife. PHEW! I think that's about it, however, I have had a few moments each night this past week to work on some projects this week. Below is the treat I made for each of my 20 students, a little Pumpkin Poo!
To make the pumpkin, I cut a strip of 4" wide by 12" long orange colored paper and folded it around a cello bag filled with Halloween candy. I punched two 1" black circle, two 1 3/8" white circle, and a 1 7/8" SU! scallop punch from green.
After adhering the black circle to the white one, I glued the "eyes" on the pumpkin. Next, I cut the scallop punch circle in half, glued it on the back of the pumpkin to be the stem, and embellished with a curled slice of green paper for a vine.
On the back of each pumpkin, I added the following poem:
I started to carve a pumpkin,
With my carving knife and scoop,
But the pumpkin got so scared, he took a little poop!
It looked so cute and funny,
Just like a candy treat,
So I'm sharing it with you now,
Because you are so sweet!

I hope you all have a Wickedly Delightful Halloween, we are off to trick-or-treat this evening and finish it all off with a delicious pizza for dinner!

3 comments:

  1. This is a very cute idea and your kids will love it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Jen!! I bet your class LOVED them!! Make sure to take some pics of Miss K, I would love to see her all dressed up!! Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I'm sure everyone loved them!!

    Thanks for joining us Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete